Continuation of the publication of the Preface from the first volume of the catalog "Mail of Donbass".
Note № 123.
2. Types of philatelic products used by DPR post
2.1 Features of building a folder
The catalog is divided into separate sections by types of philatelic products of the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass", which is available for cataloging and is officially issued or it fell into the hands of philatelists secretly. The sections themselves and the cataloging items in the sections are arranged in chronological order. Postage stamps are assigned the usual numbering, stamps, covers, cards, blocks, couplers, sheets get mixed alphanumeric numbering. For example, in the catalog, there is a separate cataloging with the assignment of numbers (as they are released) of such types as: Postage stamps (№ 1 - 161); Sheets (numbering by stamp numbers), this section includes small sheets, uncut sheets and uncut sheets of blocks. All cataloging is based on a chronological principle.
As the successor of the Ukrainian state company "Ukrposhta "on the territory of the DPR, the Mail of Donbass, since its creation, since December 2014, and in some OPS until the fall of 2015, used in its work postage stamps, covers, various types of receipts and internal reporting forms issued by"Ukrposhta".
In cash registers, forms of checks used by Ukrposhta were used to pay for postal services. Moreover, unmarked envelopes, receipts, and some forms of "Ukrposhta" are used by the Post office of Donbass to this day.
At first, correspondence was paid in cash, without stamps. 4 types of currencies were used: dollars, euros, Ukrainian hryvnia, Russian rubles. At the post office, a handwritten note about the payment or a stamp "TP", meaning "Taxe Perçue – from the French, the fee is collected". This is a generally accepted international standard a term used for marks on mail items. The Donbass post office started replacing calendar stamps from about March 2015.
Impressions of the first cancellations of calendar stamps are quite rare. To date, the earliest recorded extinguishment is dated March 23, 2015 by the calendar stamp of Donetsk. Below is an image of the impression of this stamp.
Some unmarked envelopes issued by Ukrposhta, Mail of Donbass for production of official FDC was used in 2015. Today the main types of philatelic products are:
stamps and blocks-self-adhesive, covers for first-day cancellations, unmarked art postcards, art postcards, unmarked covers for certain holidays and memorable events.
Impressions of broadband, special stamp, calendar stamp on covers, receipts, postal documents. Everything
types of these products will be presented in the catalog.
In principle, the content of this catalog reveals in chronological order the types and types of philatelic products of the Mail of Donbass as it appears and is used.
At the initial stage, these are: stamps, marks, receipts, and accompanying stickers.
Next, the appearance of calendar stamps of the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass". In parallel with this (since the post offices were filled with covers of Ukrposhta), unmarked covers of Ukraine were used for the postal needs of the population.
Since 09.05.2015, the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass", according to Order No. 14 of 09.05.2015, enters the"vintage period".
Since 09.05.2015, postage stamps of the DPR are issued, an overprint on the Ukrainian stamp is secretly issued, "first day" stamps and "first day" covers are produced for the production of classically designed FDC.
Moreover, almost every issue of the stamp takes place in a solemn atmosphere with coverage in the press and on television of the process of extinguishing the FDC with a new brand, with the signing of autographs on covers by persons from the leadership of the Donetsk Republic or persons directly related to the event to which the stamp and FDC are dedicated. Events to extinguish the FDC are usually preceded by speeches at which the heads of the Post office of the Donbass, the Ministry of communications of the DPR and other invited persons talk about the significance of the events that mark and FDC are dedicated to. Videos with the process of extinguishing at such solemn events are available on the news sites of the DPR.
In particular: http://dan-news.info and on the channel www.youtube.com
Efficiency with autographs, private efficiency, etc. they are divided into separate sections and are planned to be considered in one of the catalog volumes.
When issuing postage stamps, cataloging units such as stamp sheets, small sheets, blocks, couplings, and numbering of standards appear. For example (in addition to the mandatory stamps and blocks of main numbers), the first volume additionally shows small stamp sheets, hitch options, and coupon placement options.
2.2 How to use the catalog
The catalog consists of standard reference articles for each cataloged stamps in chronological order by date of issue. The postage stamp is the main unit of cataloging. It is linked to the cataloging of varieties, types, couplings, blocks, brand sheets, efficiency and other types of philatelic products.
Each article has mandatory parts. This:
1. Date of issue; Stamp name; Catalog number, in parentheses-catalog number from the official website of the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass", if the post of Donbass assigned this stamp its serial number. If the number is not assigned, this is also indicated in brackets.
2. The picture stamp indicating catalogue numbers from the official site of SE "Mail of Donbass". This section provides an image of the main issue, as well as clearly shows the varieties, couplings, coupons, blocks, brand fields, sheet borders, printing features, typographic marks, all that helps to clearly show the differences and features of the stamp under consideration.
3. Nominal value; number of stamps in the list; Circulation, a brief message about the varieties or types with a link to the note.
4. Protection; Print type; Paper type; Perforation type.
5. Designer, author of the drawing, if available, printing house.
6. Description; it gives the most detailed description of the stamp, including information about the event, what the issue of the stamp is dedicated to, a description of what is depicted on the stamp, coupon, artistically designed fields of small sheets, blocks, and a description of all texts. As well as a description of the features of preparation for release, features of printing and printing, information about the release, distribution, implementation of the stamp, and other important features that are individual for each stamp. The catalog is of a research nature, so the "Description" section is also built in a research way.
A note that usually deals with details that are not included in the description, as well as a detailed description of the type of stamp, which is referred to by a brief mention in the third section of the message. In the "Description and note" sections, as the author of the catalog, I have added my own conclusions and conclusions to understand the features of this release.
The reference block ends with a standard reference from the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass": the Stamp was introduced by Order of the Ministry of communications of the Donetsk Republic. State enterprise "Mail of Donbass" no. XX from XX. XX.xxxx And since 27.01.2016, with the brand " 175 years since birth A. I. Kuindzhi " # 25, 25A; (# 23), information about the order is added to the Order information. The reference block for this brand and subsequent ones looks like this: the Brand was introduced by Order of the Ministry of communications of the Donetsk Republic. State enterprise "Mail of Donbass" № 22 from 25.01.2016 Order number M16-001 from 19.01.2016
Unfortunately, since 2016, the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass" has stopped giving free access to information about Order numbers and their dates. In many reference articles, instead of numbers of Orders and their dates, I put question icons (??). This information may be added to the catalog later.
In the catalog, for the convenience of layout, part of the reference article "Stamp image", if there are several images to illustrate differences, is also placed in the "Description, note" sections.
In the reference article, there is no assessment of the stamp, I believe that it is not yet possible to make such a section because of the not yet established market prices for DPR philatelic products, but in the future, when the catalog is reissued, the stamp assessment with the gradation: for non-past mail and past mail, for safety, will be made.
2.3 Principles of numbering
The reference list provides numbering of the following stamp objects.
1. Postage stamps, numbering of the main circulation, official release of stamps without any deviations from the sample declared by the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass".
2. Couplings of stamps (United by one plot). CS №.
3. Blocks (one or more brands with a single story with a single, artistically designed field). Bl №.
4. Small sheets (several identical stamps or stamps with a single story, up to 8 pieces, with a single, artistically designed field). SmSh №
Designation of varieties, repeat runs, limited runs, printing defects, printing errors, etc.
1. Stamp number with letter designation: № 1A
Indicates a brand without a perforation. The letter "A" is reserved for this variety and does not apply to other varieties.
2. The stamp Number with a letter designation: № 1B-in most cases, indicates the presence of the so-called "transition bridges" that allow you to separate the coupling of the stamp with the coupon or the coupling of stamps with a single story from the sheet as a whole. However, the letter "B" may be present in stamps with other types of varieties.
3. Room brand with letter: №№ 1C; 1D; 1E and so on to refer to marks having different error print, shifts, dust, garbage, decal colors, different, distinct shades, the slope raster, all that is present in repeated copies, or plants edition.
Accordingly: couplings of stamps, blocks, small sheets with the presence of similar varieties, as well as variants without a cut, receive additional letters after the numbers to the alphanumeric designation: A, B, C, D, E by analogy with the addition of alphabetic indexes to the numbering of stamps of the main circulation.
Also in the help topics can be traced to the numbering of definitive stamps with coats of arms, universities etc. without the assignment of catalog numbers.
Moreover, the official catalog from the website of the state enterprise "Mail of Donbass" https://postdonbass.com In the official catalogue referred to these types of philatelic material as sheets, small plates, the hitch, but no numbering.